Thursday, April 7, 2011

Romney "Trumps" all in New Hampshire

It seems that Romney holds the only chance in overtaking Obama in New Hampshire in 2012. According to a new Public Policy Polling Obama edges Romney by only one point. No other Republican candidate even came close to beating the President in the northern state. Ginrich fell short by 13 points, while Palin was even further away as she trailed by 22 points.

What is interesting about New Hampshire is the potential battle that could take place between Donald Trump and Mitt Romney. Romney, being the former governor, obviously has significant pull in the state. Trump's strength relies heavily on tea-party voters as he is the favorite amongst most. 

The Republican primary could get very interesting if things keep heading in the direction they currently are. Personally, I believe Romney will take New Hampshire. It is his home state and that should be enough to give him the edge.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not exactly sure what "points" are. So unless the GOP is hosting a game of backyard tackle football, those stats don't really mean much to me. If there is one thing I know from sports, it's that home field advantage is a huge factor. That being said, I agree with you about Romney taking the state. However, I could give a rat's behind who wins what state, just as long as the winner will listen to what I have to say and get me a freakin' job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Percentage points from the poll. Excuse me for not clarifying.

    @Red_White_and_U

    ReplyDelete